Friday, June 25, 2010

[title of show] Again!


               So, I may or may not have scored a comp ticket to [title of show] at the Signature Theatre in Arlington, VA because of a college connection.  And by that, I mean I totally scored a comp ticket to [title of show].  That really helps out with my thrifty theater goals, considering I had just dropped 70+ dollars on a front-row ticket to Sycamore Trees
Anyway, it rocked, of course.  I love it.  Also, I had a major life realization at this performance.  My whole life (well, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but whatevs, go with it), I’ve been underestimating old people.  As I walk to my seat of the Sunday matinee, I become increasingly worried about the number of elderly folk in attendance at this performance.  How would they handle the gay jokes?  The f-bombs?  The shirtlessness?  The girl-on-girl kissing?  I was panicked about who was going to shelter the old people from the youthful sensibility of the theater!  Silly me.  Throughout the show, they were laughing at all the right parts, and seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves.  In the show, Susan even says that the old matinee ladies have been through a lot, they can certainly handle her dropping a few f-bombs on stage.  Clearly, I haven’t been giving old people enough credit or enough cool points.  I’m now reformed.
                Seeing [title of show] a second time was way cool.  I already knew I loved it, and that it was hilarious, and I was delighted to discover that the jokes don’t lose their humor when you know they’re coming.  I feel like I could see it 80 more times and still love it just as much.  If only…

No comments:

Post a Comment