Monday, May 24, 2010

Thrifty Theater: The Follow-Through?


               Awhile ago, I set a goal to try and save money with regards to my theater addiction.
                The good news?  The tour of The Color Purple is coming to Durham, and I bought a $25 seat.  It’s in the (gasp!) balcony. This is a big step for me.
                The bad news?  I bought a last-minute $70 seat to see Wicked a second time, plus a $55 really awesome Wicked zip-up jacket.  One step forward, twelve steps back.
                Also, Wicked is in Charlotte right now, which is about 3 hours away, and I spent a good deal of time yesterday figuring out if I can go, factoring in that the only remaining seats are $95.  I know I can’t afford it, but it’s taking everything I’ve got to stop myself from buying those tickets!
                Lastly, I REALLY want to go to New York City sometime this summer to see some real Broadway.  I’m trying to save up for it, but it’s so expensive to travel there and tickets are pricey.  I’ve got enough saved up to buy 2 discounted balcony seats.  I guess if I do go, I’m going to have to go knowing that premium seats are not to be had.  I’ll survive.  I’d so much rather see a show from the back row than see no show at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment