Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thrifty Theater - Hasty Decisions

     I have a confession to make: I make terrible financial decisions before 8 AM.  Many eBay auctions have been won by me because of decisions made that early in the morning, and I once even paid for a short-lived eHarmony subscription at 6:30 AM.  This morning was no exception. 
     I found a good deal today.  Sort of.  I get emails from Groupon all the time with pretty good deals in the Triangle area.  I've never actually done it though, because they are usually for things I don't care about like spa treatments or childcare.  However, today it was 50% off theater tickets - to NC Theatre's upcoming production of Little Shop of Horrors, which I had been thinking very seriously about seeing.  To cut to the chase, I bought the Groupon thing - a center mezzanine ticket for $23.  Not too shabby.  After spending the money, I notice that it's good for one of three nights.  Two of those nights, I have class.  The other, I promised I would babysit.  Ugh.  I should have looked beforehand.  Nonetheless, the money has been spent and I will be deciding which class to skip.

And since YouTube is always free, I'm including these two videos just for fun.  I'm currently completely obsessed with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment